The number of home-based customer service agents in the UK will quadruple to almost 200,000 by 2012. The research company Data Monitor points out that home agents are rapidly becoming main-stream.This income stream is very attractive to parents that want to stay at home and to physically callenged people.
The tasks of a home-based customer service agent ranges from call handling to technical support. Necessary for this kind of job are a modern computer with internet connection, a recent operating system and a phone connection. You will also need basic computer knowledge and excellent communication skills for handling a variety of customers. Most companies will ask for some educational qualification.
What to do, to get a home-based customer service job?
The following tips will help you to find a home-based customer service job, with a legitimate company, that will get you a good income.
- The concept of being a home-based customer service agent is simple in itself. The company, hiring you, routes their incoming service calls to your home-phone.
- It is important to understand the different types of duties that companies require to be performed from a home-based customer service agent. Most of the time you will find that the following tasks are included: taking and logging orders, transaction processing, assisting customers with their requirement.
- See if the advantages of a home-based job or business, suit you. Especially disabled people, stay at home mums (and dads), retired seniors and students can benefit. Look for the home-based customer service job that fits your ability best. Without stepping outside the house, you are able to get more money. You don’t even have to leave your home to get a job, as hiring and training agents and scheduling jobs are now done on-line.
- After you decided to work from home as a customer service agent, there is homework to do. To find a legitimate home-based customer service job, you start your search for ‘home based customer service jobs’, You browse through the list of companies and websites you find, request more information where needed and you sift through all the information you got.
- Submit your application and resume to the company you decided on. Just as for an ‘office job’, prepare your application carefully. Go the extra mile to get it right.
More and more people are looking into the opportunities of working from home, The two main benefits are convenience and independence. It’s expected that home-based customer service agents as an average will earn more than their collegues in the traditional call centres. This extra money can be an extra reason to be serious about home-based customer service.
Creating customer satisfaction is key to every business. Therefore it’s imminent that the emphasis is on building trustworthy relationships to ensure the customer’s commitment. The long term succes of any company relies on faithful and satisfied customers. Their requirements should be fulfilled quickly and friendly.
It’s expected that the customer service jobs will be in demand, providing you with home-based opportunites. If you are able to provide such a customer service, you can earn smart money at your convenience.
Home-based customer service work not only benefits you, but also the company. The company is can reduce erosion in customer service jobs and save money on office rent, utilities and equipment.